Our amazing team of commercial carriage safety experts from all over the U.S. are committed to helping others. We take our convictions and turn them into action. We promote and stand by time tested protocols. Our pledge system makes it easy to know how to "do it right" with simple to follow protocols. Think you might be a good fit? We would love to have you on board!
Our commercial carriage industry experts have many decades of experience to share. The B.E.S.T. organization was formed in 2011 to provide sensible solutions to common industry issues. We've consistently grown since then, all thanks to operators that have a desire to do better, and the generosity of our dedicated professionals
We focus on making the maximum effort in safety protocol, always humane, as well as tip top presentation standards. Our combined efforts in return reflect a positive image on our industry. Our members help by increasing the momentum that helps us affect change. Using data driven information, and statistics we provide common sense solutions to industry wide problems for a long-lasting difference.
B.E.S.T. Stands for: Better- Equines- Safety- Turn Out
B.E.S.T. - is a voluntary program initiated by its members for its members. It encompasses a pledge system where members set out to uphold an agreed set of B.E.S.T standards of carriage service operation. A member generated rule book is to be followed to assist all members’ efforts to uphold high standards of service for the public and our customers.
Membership in B.E.S.T. owners and operators club shall be a privilege and not a right. Continued endorsement by the program hinges on continued compliance with the guidelines set by the program.
B.E.S.T. intent is to serve as an industry stamp of approval for those who wish to be recognized for their efforts to provide high standards of professionalism within the horse drawn carriage industry and to be rewarded for doing so.
Besides the seal of approval recognition member companies/employees will be rewarded with prizes for being the B.E.S.T. owner and/or operator/driver possible in a number of divisions at a year end virtual awards ceremony. These awards will be peer reviewed and peer voted, all physical items and hard copies will be mailed. Not limited to but to include:
1) B.E.S.T. award for overall “turnout”, both carriage and horse, company/individual
2) B.E.S.T. award for “Horse grooming, Overall health, and Condition”, company/individual
3) B.E.S.T. award for “Maintaining Safety Practices”, company/individual
4) B.E.S.T. award for “carriage maintenance”, cosmetic and mechanical
5) B.E.S.T. award for company “driver training” program, company/instructor
6) B.E.S.T. award for “exceptionally humane” in horse handling and driving methods, company policies/individual
7) B.E.S.T. “Horse Hero” award for the company or individual that has gone to heroic efforts and/or expense to get a carriage horse, or horses through a traumatic health and/or soundness crisis.
8) B.E.S.T. award for “Industry Education” for participation and programs , company/individual
9) B.E.S.T. award for “B.E.S.T. new idea” for thoughtful contribution(s) implemented to and adopted by the B.E.S.T program, company/individual
10) B.E.S.T. “Industry Warrior” award to the individual that has defended the industry in a logical, professional, and positive way. i.e. online, thorough published writings, lobbying efforts, etc.
11) B.E.S.T. “Helping Hand” award to the company or individual that has gone above and beyond the expected to help their own or another company or operator through a difficult situation or problem.
12) “B.E.S.T. Company” award to the company that receives the highest number of awards in the above named categories.
13) B.E.S.T. “Outstanding Individual” Award, to the individual driver, barn manager, or employee who has performed his or her duties o a high degree of professionalism and received the most recognition in the above categories.
Being a fully vetted and endorsed member of B.E.S.T will have many benefits. Besides being included in a prestigious group of companies and individuals that pledge to uphold the highest levels of carriage industry operation you will be awarded the right to use the programs seal of approval and service statement on your advertisements, flyers, websites and anywhere else you wish to display your acceptance into the program.
B.E.S.T membership will also offer valuable services to its members. A driving bit loan bank, harness loan program, contracts and service agreements, purchase agreements, horse retirement contracts, document/contract library files, qualified expert advice from our vetted list of professionals, inclusion to the online industry support group, and valuable networking with other B.E.S.T. member companies, valuable insurance discounts and/or coverage security. Individual membership to “The Calvary Group” is available to protect your personal property rights as an animal enterprise industry.
Also, in the works is an educational program called “The Black Beauty Project” that offers an age appropriate educational show and tell to school age children to teach them the difference between animal welfare and husbandry, and animal rights. This program material will be available to all B.E.S.T. members free of charge.
B.E.S.T. – Better Equines, Safety, and Turnout
Look for the B.E.S.T. seal of approval when hiring a carriage service for your special day or event. B.E.S.T. membership is a privilege and never a right. Only B.E.S.T. operators service you with a pledge to commit to the finest in humane standards, tip top horse care, safety standards second to none, and a fabulous turnout. B.E.S.T. operators pledge to uphold truth in advertising and honest, ethical business
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and help improve the commercial horse drawn carriage industry. Your paid membership will help us fund that mission.
Sign up to here to stay connected to the latest news in commercial horse drawn carriage!